Samosas are one of the delicious foods brought to East Africa from India and they have become a favorite snack throughout East Africa. It is easy to purchase them from most places including street vendors.
If you need to make quick appetizers for a party, this recipe is perfect. It takes very little time to prepare and cook.
There are many recipe variations of samosas. This simple vegetarian recipe has fantastic flavors worth the time and effort.
To Make this recipe, you will need the following:
½ Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Ground Cumin
½ Tsp Ground Coriander
1 Tsp Red Chilli Flakes or 1 Tsp chopped Fresh Green Chillies
2 Tbsp Frozen or Dried Mango, diced
½ Tsp Turmeric Powder
½ Tsp Salt and Pepper
1 Tbsp Fresh Ginger
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
½ Cup Cooked Potatoes
⅓ Cup Frozen Peas
¼ Cup Green Onion
2 Tbsp Cilantro, freshly chopped
- In a saucepan, place oil, all spices and mango.
- Turn on heat to high and leave on for 1 minute.
- Turn off heat.
- Add potatoes, frozen peas and lemon juice. Stir together until well coated.
- Remove from heat before adding green onion and cilantro.
- Mash the mixture together with a fork to form a rough paste.
- Roll out your pastry dough into desired shape, then stuff in filling. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake at 400°F, for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
To keep it simple, sprinkle some freshly squeezed lemon juice before serving.
Another option is to serve them with some chutney or a dipping sauce. But if you have some extra time and would like to make your own sauce, try our....
for other recipes related to these Vegetable Samosas