SWEET POTATO FRIES RECIPE
Sweet Potato fries are a great alternative to regular potatoes fries, they are super high in Vitamin A. Although they are not a typical African appetizer, they are quite delicious.
This recipe takes minutes to prepare and the flavors are superb!
To Make this recipe, you will need the following:
2 large sweet potatoes (1 per person)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp flour
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp chili powder
salt and pepper to season
1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Cut the potatoes into thick french fry shapes and lay in a large pile on baking tray.
- Add all other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve them hot out of the oven as an appetizer or as a side dish.
Sweet Potatoes are a starchy tuberous root vegetable that is consumed extensively in Africa. The yellow variety is the one commonly found in Africa and it is contains less sugar than the orange colored variety, which is available in most supermarkets in North America.
One advantage they have over regular potatoes is that their cooking time is much shorter. They are also lower in fat, quite filling (since they contain more fiber) and are more nutritious.
Vitamins: A & C
Minerals: Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium & Phosphorus
• Select firm sweet potatoes free of cracks and bruises.
• They should be in the non-refrigerated area.
Cool, dark & dry place
Other Cooking Options
They can also be boiled, steamed or fried.
For a fish and chips night,
serve these Sweet Potato Fries with
Pan Fried Tilapia