STIR FRY OKRA
Okra is a vegetable staple eaten in most of Africa. If you would like to try it for the first time, this is a great recipe!
The Stir Fried Okra recipe is for spicy food lovers looking for a new recipe. You can also make it without the chilies if you prefer.
To make this recipe, you will need the following:
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large yellow onion, diced
2 cloves fresh garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp jalapeno or red chilies pepper, diced (optional)
2 cups frozen baby okra (cooked)
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized saucepan, bring one half cup water to a boil. Add Salt and frozen baby okra, reduce heat to medium low and cook for 5 minutes. Drain all the liquid.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat.
- Add olive oil and onions and cook until soft before adding garlic and hot peppers. Cook for 1 extra minute.
- Add chopped okra and lemon juice. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside until ready to serve.
Using frozen baby okra speeds up this recipe, but you can buy fresh okra and cook it first before using in the stir fry. Frozen okra cooks quickly and can be found in the frozen vegetables section of your grocery store.
Click here for Main dish recipes you could serve
this Okra recipe with