PAN FRIED TILAPIA
Pan Fried Tilapia is a family favorite in Western Kenya. Tilapia is a fresh water fish found in Lake Victoria, located in the middle of East Africa (Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda). This recipe requires very few ingredients but its super delicious!
To Make this recipe, you will need the following:
1 Whole Fresh Tilapia
Olive or Coconut oil, for shallow frying
1 tbsp Curry Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
Juice of 1 Lemon
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium heat.
- Cut deep, large slits into the tilapia.
- Mix curry, pepper and salt and then rub into the slits and all over the top.
- Carefully slide fish into the pan to avoid splashing.
- Fry both sides until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and squeeze fresh lemon juice on both sides before serving.
If done properly, the fish comes out almost dry, its not greasy at all. For a healthier fish and chips style meal, serve with oven baked french fries.
For a healthier fish and chips meal, serve
this Pan Fried Tilapia
with Sweet Potato Fries