MOROCCAN LAMB STEW
Lamb is the preferred meat choice besides beef in Morocco. This Moroccan Lamb stew recipe tastes great and is rather easy to make! Its a perfect slow cooker recipe that you can make in your crock pot. Making it a crock pot, means the flavors will intensify during the long and slow cooking time.
To Make this recipe, you will need the following:
1½ lb Lamb, cubed
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Cup Red Onion, diced
3 Tbsp Fresh Garlic Cloves, minced
1 Tsp Chili pepper flakes
2 Tsp Ground cumin
1 Tsp Orange Rind (Zest)
¼ Cup Dried Apricots, chopped
2 Cups Water
3 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat a large pan on medium heat.
- Add olive oil and onions then cook until soft.
- Next add garlic, chili flakes, cumin and orange zest, stirring constantly to prevent any sticking.
- Put in the lamb and cook until fragrant.
- Add apricots and water, bring to a slight boil, turn heat down to low setting and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside until ready to serve.
Serve this recipe over steamed couscous or oven roasted potatoes.
Click here to serve this Moroccan Lamb Stew with
our Easy Couscous recipe