MOROCCAN CHICKPEA STEW RECIPE
We like the simplicity of the flavors in this Moroccan Chickpea Stew recipe.
This recipe uses Chickpeas which are also known as garbanzo beans. They are a common staple in Egyptian, Ethiopian and Moroccan diets and are used in various ways.
To Make this recipe, you will need the following:
2 cups chickpeas
3 Cups Broth
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Large Yellow Onion, diced
2 Tbsp fresh Garlic Cloves, minced
½ Tbsp Jalapeno Pepper, diced
1 Tbsp Harissa Spice Mix
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wash beans and soak overnight with 4 cups of water or use canned chickpeas.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat.
- Add olive oil and onions and cook until soft before adding garlic and jalapeno pepper and cook for about 1 minute. Next add spices and stir for another minute to prevent it from sticking.
- Put in beans and cook for a couple of minutes before adding broth. Bring to a slight boil and then turn down to simmer and cook for about 45 minutes or longer if needed.
- Remove from heat and set aside until ready to serve.
This dish can be served on freshly steamed rice or couscous.
You can also blend this recipe and turn it into a warm hearty soup or chill for the hot Summer months.
For other dishes to serve with Moroccan Chickpea Stew,