KOFTA KEBABS RECIPE
Kofta Kebabs are a North African appetizer or side dish made with either beef or lamb. They are different from regular kebabs in that they are made with ground meat instead of meat cubes.
These great tasting kebabs are served as a main dish in Morocco.
It is better to pre-make them at least three hours or more ahead of time. This allows the spices to marinate the meat and you end up with more flavorful kebabs.
To Make this recipe, you will need the following:
1 lb ground (minced) beef/lamb
4 Tbsp Ras El Hanout Spice Mix
¼ cup garlic, minced
½ cup onion, minced
4 Tbsp or ¼ cup flat leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl thoroughly.
- Next divide into 8-10 equal portions and then make them into hot dog shapes.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 30-60 min or overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat.
- While the grill is heating, poke soaked bamboo skewers through the kebabs.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, turning once.
- Remove and let rest for 5 minutes in a warm place before serving.
Serve them with tzatziki sauce and some freshly chopped parsley leaves.