KENYAN BEEF STEW
This Kenyan beef stew uses tender grass fed beef and is so delicious and easy to make. It is made often in many households and there are other variations. This is one of our favorite recipes because it takes little time to make and its delicious!
To Make this recipe, you will need the following:
1 lb beef, cubed
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup yellow or red onion, diced
2 tbsp fresh garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp curry powder mix (optional)
1 cup diced/crushed tomatoes
1 cup water
3 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large pan on medium heat.
- Add olive oil and onions then cook until soft.
- Next add garlic and spices, stirring constantly to prevent any sticking.
- Put in the beef and cook until fragrant, then add tomatoes and water.
- Bring to a slight boil, turn heat down to low setting and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside until ready to serve.
This recipe stores in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days and it always tastes better the next day. Make a large batch so you can take the night off the kitchen.
For other recipes related to this
Kenyan Beef Stew, Click here!