BRAISED LIVER RECIPE
Liver is a tricky one to cook, but this Braised Liver recipe is simple and really delicious!
The ingredients list is short and the preparation time is great if you need something nutritious and fast.
To Make this recipe, you will need the following:
4 3oz Liver Steaks
1 Tbsp Butter
¼ Cup Onions, Diced
½ Tsp Garlic, Minced
1 Tsp Paprika
1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
1 Cup Swiss Chard (Fine Chopped)
Salt & Pepper to Taste (optional)
- Rinse Liver steaks well in cold running water and then blot dry with a paper towel.
- On Medium Heat, melt butter on a pan for one minute. Add Liver steaks and cook on both sides for about 1 minute and then remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Add diced onions and cook until soft.
- Pour in a couple tablespoons of water and then add in garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Sprinkle an even layer of Swiss chard, over the liver recipe and cook for 1 more minute. Remove from pan and serve immediately over saffron rice or over steamed grains of your choice.
If you prefer your liver well cooked, cook for a few minutes longer but this toughens it and reduces the iron content in the recipe. Remember, liver continues to cook even after you remove it from the stove. So one other option is to place the cooked liver in a sealed container so that it cooks further but remains tender.
You can also serve this recipe over any plain steamed grains like rice, couscous or with polenta, all will compliment this dish really well.
Click here for other recipes related
to this Braised Liver Recipe.