BOILED CORN RECIPE
This Boiled Corn recipe is a great summer or winter appetizer and is quite popular throughout Africa.
Fresh corn on the cob is available at most supermarkets, seasonally or in dried or frozen form throughout the year.
This recipe is from East Africa, where you can easily by it from street vendors as a quick snack.
To Make this recipe, you will need the following:
4 Large Corn Cobs with Husks intact
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Peel the outer layers of the corn husks, leaving at least two layers.
- Place the corn cobs in a large saucepan with salt water (the water level should be at least 2-3 in above the corn cobs) and bring water to a boil.
- Boil for at least an hour.
- Remove from stove and drain any left over liquid.
- To serve more people, divide each cob into 3 or 4 sections.
- To keep it simple, you can grind some fresh black pepper over them.
- They taste great as is, but if you prefer, you can brush the corn with melted butter and then sprinkle some freshly ground pepper.
To try other recipes related to this
Boiled Corn recipe, click here!