BAKED SWEET POTATO
Carefully remove from the oven and let sit for five minutes before serving.
This recipe for Baked Sweet Potato makes a great side dish or a healthy snack and it requires very little time to prepare!
For this recipe, use the yellow sweet potatoes, not the orange colored ones. This is the variety used in Africa and it is roasted in coal ovens, much like the North American baked potato.
To make this recipe, you will need the following:
4 medium to large sized sweet potatoes (1 per person)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Using a fork, poke a few holes into the sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 40 minutes to an hour or until skin is a light golden color.
- You can also serve this appetizer as a snack or a side dish.
- Try it for breakfast or instead of cake or cookies and pair it with a cup of spicy tea or coffee.
- Slice into bread like slices and spread some peanut butter for a delicious healthy snack.
Try this Baked Sweet Potato as a snack or for breakfast
with Kenya Spice Tea